Microporous Thermoplastic structures, or “MT” for short, are extruded salt-leached polymers that include polyethylene, polypropylene/polyolefin copolymers and EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate).
What sets our Microfoam thermoplastics apart from other foams, and even from other salt-leached products, is the unique and patented technology that incorporates an additional proprietary component which acts as a flow. This enhancement, developed by Porelon chemists, smooths and coats the internal pore structure, significantly decreasing the friction and flow resistance when incorporating fluids into and delivering fluids out of the structure.
MT is an excellent choice for applications where precise, controlled fluid delivery is required, such as stamping and ribbon re-inking. By varying pore size and density, we are able to produce foams that excel both as metering surfaces and as low-density liquid reservoirs.
The smooth, interconnected pores of MT foam are ideally suited for large ink volumes and heavily pigmented inks that other foams are unable to handle reliably. Industries as diverse as financial document processing, construction, automotive and retail rely on our salt-leached foam for superior performance and consistent fluid delivery.
• Flash™ foam for stamping
• Flash™ reservoirs
• Ribbon re-inking rolls
• Printing rolls for document processing and audit trails
• Paper handling
• Printing rolls for marking on non-porous surfaces such as glass, metal or plastic
MT foam is available as cylinders or rolls with outside diameters from 0.350″ to 4.0″, or in strips from 0.150″ to 0.500″ in thickness, both in lengths up to 48″. The polyolefin chemistry of MT is compatible with a wide range of oil-, glycol-, water- and solvent-based inks and fluids. MT can also be machined (grinding, cutting) into unique profiles.
• Metering rolls are structures that provide controlled delivery of an ink or other liquid through capillary flow of the liquid through the network of pores.
• Specialty rolls are a unique and economical means of repetitive printing of a custom message or graphics through a proprietary and patented imaging process.
• Flash™ stamp foam and reservoirs are revolutionizing the stamp making process by producing high-quality, re-inkable custom stamps in less than an hour.
Porelon products contain no heavy metals and are certified to be RoHS and CONEG compliant. Our products are HAPs free (Hazardous Air Pollutants) and low in VOCs. We utilize “green” materials such as soya oil and naturally-derived oleic acid wherever possible. Identity Group is REACH registered and represented by ENVIRON as its Only Representative.